Motor Home Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
- Does my Motor Home Insurance cover Mexico?
- Is my vehicle I'm towing behind my motor home covered?
- Are items, such as a new awning, that I add to my Motor Home covered?
- Can I use the TraveLine number for my other vehicles?
- Why shouldn't I add coverage for my Motor Home to my auto policy?
- Doesn't my truck policy cover my travel trailer?
- Doesn't my homeowners policy cover my travel trailer like my boat?
- Aren't motor home Insurance policies just like a regular auto policy?
- What should I know about traveling in Canada with my RV?
Only Other Than Collision coverage is provided for accidents that occur in Mexico less than 25 miles from the border on trips that are less than 10 days in length. We strongly recommend you purchase Mexican auto insurance before traveling in Mexico.
No, your towed vehicle would be covered under your personal auto policy.
Yes, motor home insurance covers a new awning or satellite dish automatically.
Yes. Call the toll-free number and give the service representative your policy number and a major credit card. Any towing and roadside assistance costs plus a dispatch fee will be charged to the credit card number you provide.
If your RV was destroyed, you would have to file a claim with your auto carrier in addition to your homeowners carrier for your personal effects. In most cases you would also have two deductibles. With a Foremost RV policy, you'll have just "One Company - One Claim - One Deductible" to deal with.
Your auto policy would provide liability coverage while the travel trailer is attached or being towed. Other Than Collision/Collision would have to be added to provide coverage while unattached. Your auto carrier may not be able to provide or limit special coverage's for your contents, awning or Towing & Labor.
No, homeowners policies specifically exclude coverage for travel trailers.
Yes, for basic coverage such as Liability, Other Than Collision/Collision. But they offer specialized coverage's that the typical auto policy doesn't, such as coverage for awnings, contents and tow dollies to name a few.
With a Foremost RV policy, your RV and contents are covered while traveling in Canada. TraveLine Towing & Roadside Assistance is also available. You should contact us prior to your trip to obtain a Canada Non Resident Inter-Province Liability insurance card.
Copyright © 2002-2016; PPL Motor Homes. All rights reserved.
PPL's Insurance Services
10777 Southwest Freeway
Houston, Texas 77074-9829 1-800-755-4775 Hours: 8:30-5:30 Mon-Fri 9-4 Sat Central Time Closed Sundays