I’m going to go on record and say that a good navigation system is a surefire way to curb any and all comments like, “I think we’re lost” and “Why don’t you just stop and ask for directions.”
In short, the Tripmaker 7720 GPS not only gets you to where you need to go, but it just might be the best tool a marriage could ever have.
In doing my research on the Tripmaker, I decided to go straight to the source and talked with a National Account Manager for Rand McNally. The information he sent me on this particular GPS should answer all of your questions and leave you without a doubt that the Rand McNally Tripmaker 7720 Navigation System for RVs is exactly what your RV life has been missing.
RV-specific navigation is necessary to route large vehicles and towables around road restrictions, low bridges, and other physical hazards. However, like all Rand McNally RV GPS devices, the RVND™ 7720 can be used as a car GPS as well – merely by changing a simple setting.
One of the key new features of the RVND™ 7720 is Wi-Fi connectivity, which enables the transmission and display of weather as well as other real-time information. With updated weather information, RVers will be able to anticipate delays and make plans by viewing current and predicted conditions displayed on the map and along the route. Besides weather, other RV-specific connected services will be coming soon and will be available for this device.
The RVND™ 7720 has an all-new hardware platform as well featuring a new rugged design with ridged casing for added protection, a brighter screen that adjusts for low and strong light, and video input compatible with a range of back-up and rear-view cameras.
The base maps and overlaying content, such as campgrounds, parks, RV service and other RV points of interest, also have been updated for the RVND™ 7720.
The new device ships with Lifetime Maps so owners will be able to update their devices at no additional cost.
The RVND™ 7720 GPS includes the following additional new features:
- Fully updated road data, including RV-specific information such as speed limits, legal and physical restrictions, and all Rand McNally proprietary RV data
- Fully updated points of interest necessary for safe and convenient routing, including travel centers and RV parking information at rest stops, exits, and other locations
- Fuel logs, which are accessible from the Virtual Dashboard or via RV Tools; the feature enables drivers to record fuel purchases for a trip
- Additional routing options such as “Avoid State or Province” and “Avoid Smaller Roads”
- Address book icon enhancement, which enables unique icons to be created by group and shown on the map for imported locations; address book items can be sorted by name, distance from current location or date added
- Text-to-speech alert details for user-imported custom points of interest, such as red light cameras, to reduce driver distraction
The new RVND™ 7720 has all of the features and functionality drivers have come to expect from Rand McNally, including: Virtual Dashboard; junction view with lane assist; free downloads of Rand McNally’s proprietary construction information and software updates; Exits Quick View which shows RV parking and amenities at exits; RV Tools, RV amenities and locations such as campgrounds, RV services, and dumps; Woodall’s Campground information with searchable amenities; Rand McNally exclusive pre-planned trips with photos and video; and routing for 11 types of RVs as well as for cars.
There you go! Everything you wanted to know about one of the best GPS systems on the market for your RV. If you have any additional questions about this, or any other navigation system that PPL Motorhomes carries, just give us a shout! And husbands, you don’t have to be scared to call us and ask for some directions.