Kelly Recreational Vehicle Blue Book and Other Pricing Resources
Factors Affecting Values RV Blue Books Free Appraisals Compare with Actual Selling Prices Compare with Units for Sale Customer Comments
Many RVers take advantage of the PPL's Free Appraisal when they list their unit for sale at PPL's huge 15 acre recreational vehicle consignment center. PPL is the Largest RV Consignment Dealer in the USA selling over 1800 RVs in the last 2 years. Click on this link learn how to sell your Recreational Vehicle Quickly and Hassle Free, Too!
Price Guides for Recreational Vehicles
Please note the following about RV price guides as compared to automobile price guides:
- Auto price guides analyze a vast amount of actual used car sales data to arrive at book prices.
- Guide prices for used RVs are mostly determined by taking a percent of the manufacturers suggested retail price. This makes guides inacccurate. If you are not careful, many options will be double counted because they are already included in the original manufacturers suggested retail. PPL does not recommend relying solely on book values.
Price guides for RVs are difficult to use and not very accurate. For this reason, PPL would prefer that you call us to discuss the value of your RV that your are selling. None the less, we will be happy to look up book values for you free of charge. However, PPL's appraisals based on actual market prices have proven to be more accurate. Please call 1-800-755-4775 to discuss the value of the recreational vehicle you are selling.
PPL believes that the best indication of the Fair Market Value of an RV are actual selling prices. PPL has sold over 2300 consigned recreational vehicles in the last 2 years. Although PPL subscribes to Kelly Recreational Vehicle Blue Books, they are only one of the resources used to price listed RVs. Click on the type of vehicle to see a list with date sold and price sold.
- Diesel Recreational Vehicles
- Class A Gasoline Recreational Vehicles
- Class C (Mini) & Class B (Vans) Motor Homes
- Fifth Wheel Trailers
- Travel Trailers
We believe that PPL's free professional appraisal, using experience that comes from being the Consignment Specialist since 1972, is the best way to price your unit. Check out our Free Appraisals & Consignment Program. Also, to help you understand how to sell your RV through PPL's Consignment Program, please view this PPL Consignment Program Video.
Compare with Prices of Other Recreational Vehicles Advertised for Sale
You may want to compare your vehicle with similar vehicles for sale. Searching through online advertising for comparable vehicles is one way of doing this. For your convenience, sites that advertise a large number of vehicles are listed below. Again, keep in mind that advertised prices may be considerably above or below the fair market value.
- Used RVs For Sale at PPL - Large selection of consigned vehicles for sale.
Important factors that affect the value of your recreational vehicle include:
- Overall condition: Does it have any water leaks, discoloration, dents or other structural imperfections? Has it been well maintained or does it show a lot ware and tear?
- Mileage: Is the mileage average and does it run as expected for similar motorized RVs?
- Accessories: such as levelers, awnings, TV satellite antennas, solar panels, backup cameras, etc. Keep in mind many of these items are included in pricing guides since they are included in the manufacturer's MSRP.
Thanks for a great job in selling our motor home.
I am amazed at the speed and efficiency of the sale. I am very pleased that you sold it in 2 weeks! Thanks!
Everything in the process was explained up front with no surprises. They are professionals.
(More customer comments about PPL's recreational vehicle consignments are included here )
Telephone Order Lines are open from 7am to 7:30pm Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm Sat, Central Time
See Below for Hours of All other Services
PPL's RV Parts Superstore
10777 Southwest Freeway
Houston, Texas 77074
Hours: 8:30am-5:30pm CST Mon-Fri
9:00am-4:00pm CST Saturday
© PPL Motor Homes
All Rights Reserved, 1997-2014