Factors Affecting Value Blue Books Free Appraisals Compare with Actual Sales Compare with Vehicles for Sale Customer Comments
Please note the following about recreational vehicle guides as compared to automobile guides:
- Book values for autos are set by analyzing a vast amount of actual used car sales data.
- Used RV values published in books are mostly determined by taking a percent of the original MSRP and are; therefore, not very accurate. If you are not careful, many options may be counted twice because they are already included in the original manufacturers suggested retail. PPL does not recommend relying only on price guides.
Because of the difficulty of using and inaccuracy of the price guides for RVs, PPL suggests that you call us about the value of the RV you are selling. None-the-less, we will be happy to look up a book value for you at no charge or obligation. However, we believe that PPL's appraisals are the most accurate means of determining the Fair Market Value of your RV. Please call 1-800-755-4775to discuss the value of your RV.
Compare Advertised Vehicles
You may want to compare your vehicle with similar vehicles for sale. Searching through online advertising for comparable vehicles is one way of doing this. For your convenience, sites that advertise a large number of vehicles are listed below. Again, keep in mind that advertised prices may be considerably above or below the fair market value.
- Motorhome & RV Prices on Vehicles For Sale at PPL - Large selection of consigned vehicles for sale.
Many owners take advantage of the Free Professional Appraisal when they list their unit for sale at PPL Motor Homes, the Largest Recreational Vehicle Consignment Dealer in the USA. Click on this link to learn how to sell your vehicle Quickly and hassle free, Too!
Primary factors affecting the value of your recreational vehicle are summarized below:
- Overall condition: dents, discoloration, water leaks, roof problems, interior wear or other imperfections all significantly affect the value.
- Mileage: If it is motorized, does it have normal mileage and does it run as expected for a unit of its age and mileage?
- Accessories: such as awnings, satellite dishes, premium graphics, automatic leveling, high quality beds, etc. However, keep in mind many of these items may be included in the base blue book values.
PPL believes that actual selling prices are the best indication of the Fair Market Price of a recreational vehicle. PPL has sold over 2500 consigned vehicles in the last 2 years. Click on the type of vehicle below to see price data for these actual sales.
We believe that PPL's free professional appraisal, using experience that comes from being the Consignment Specialist since 1972, is the best way to price your unit. Check out our hassle free Appraisals & Consignment Program or view this short informative video about selling your mortorhome or RV at the unique PPL Motor Homes Consignment Center.
- Diesel Motor Homes
- Class A Gasoline Motor Homes
- Class C (Mini) & Class B (Vans) Motor Homes
- Fifth Wheel Trailers
- Travel Trailer
We have been coming to PPL for years and now we finally have the motor home of our dreams. Thank you.
We have nothing bad to say about PPL. We really enjoyed doing business with everyone involved with the purchase of our RV.
(More customer comments about PPL are included here )
10777 Southwest Freeway (Highway 59 South)
Houston, Texas 77074
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM CST (Monday - Friday)
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST (Saturday)
Closed SundayPPL New Braunfels
5270 IH 35 North (Exit 193)
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
Direct Phone: 830-608-0555
Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CST (Monday - Saturday)
ęPPL Motor Homes
All Rights Reserved, 1997 -