Factors Affecting Values Bluebook Price Guides Free Appraisals Compare with Actual Selling Prices Compare with Units for Sale Customer Comments
Price Guides are of Limited Value
Please note the following about recreational vehicle price guides as compared to automobile price guides:
- Price tables for automobiles are determined by using a large amount of actual used car sales data.
- Price tables for used Recreational Vehicles are mostly rely on discounting the original manufacturers suggested retail price.
This means price guides for diesels, motorhomes, 5th wheels and travel trailers may not even be close to current market value. Also, many options are included in the original MSRP and thus are already included in the base book price. It is difficult to know which, if any, options to add making price guides difficult to use.
Because of the difficulty of using and inaccuracy of the published price guides for RVs, PPL would prefer that you call to discuss the value of your Recreational vehicle if you are selling one. We can look up book values for you at no charge or obligation. However, PPL's appraisal methods based on actual selling prices are more accurate in determining the Fair Market Value of your diesel pusher, motorhome, 5th wheel camper or travel trailer. Please call 1-800-755-4775 to discuss the value of the RV you are selling.
Compare with Pricesof Other RVs for Sale
You may want to compare your vehicle with similar vehicles for sale. Searching through online advertising for comparable vehicles is one way of doing this. Sites that advertise a large number of vehicles for sale are listed below. Please note that advertised prices may be considerably above or below the correct selling price.
- Used Vehicles For Sale at PPL - Large selection of consigned vehicles for sale.
Many owners take advantage of the no obligation appraisal when they list their unit for sale at PPL Motor Homes, the Recreational Vehicle Consignment Specialist. Click on this link learn how to sell your vehicle Quickly and for a Fair Price and hassle free, Too!
The value of your recreational vehicle is affected by a number of factors such as:
- Overall condition: Does it have any water leaks, discoloration, body imperfections and excessive wear on the inside? Does it appear to be well maintained? Does it need repairs?
- Mileage: If it is a motorized vehicle, is the mileage above or below the average? Does it run and handle as expected for its age and mileage?
- Accessories: Consider major optional items such as color backup systems, awnings, slide-out covers, satellite systems, solar power, automatic leveling, etc. Do remember that many of these items are included in price guide values.
PPL believes that the best indication of the Fair Market Value of an RV are the prices units actually sold. PPL has sold over 2300 consigned vehicles in the last 24 months. A list of sold units with date sold and price sold is available at the links below.
- Diesel Motor Homes
- Class A Gasoline Motor Homes
- Class C (Mini) & Class B (Vans) Motor Homes
- Fifth Wheel Trailers
- Travel Trailer
We believe that PPL's free professional appraisal, using experience that comes from being the Consignment Specialist since 1972, is the best way to price your unit. Check out our Free Appraisals & Consignment Program.
Thanks for being so understanding, as I had a flat and was an hour late, but you worked me right in. Thanks to your receptionist for being so helpful with giving me directions.
You folks are honest, reputable, reliable and a pleasure to do business with.
A really smooth operation, you guys know what your doing.
(View more customer remarks about PPL's Parts & Consignments)
Toll Free: 800-755-4775
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM CST (Monday - Friday)
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST (Saturday)
10777 Southwest Freeway
Houston, Texas 77074
PPL New Braunfels
5270 IH 35 North (Exit 193)
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
PPL Dallas/Ft. Worth
2408 N Main St.
Cleburne, Texas 76033
© PPL Motor Homes
All Rights Reserved, 1997 - 2017