Price Guides are of Limited Value
Factors Affecting Values Price Guides Free Appraisals Compare with Prices Compare with Units for Sale Customer Comments
Please note the following about recreational vehicle price guides as compared to automobile price guides:
- Book pricing for autos are determined by analyzing a vast amount of actual used car sales data.
- Book pricing for used Recreational Vehicles are mostly determined by taking a percentage of the original manufacturers suggested retail price.
This means price guides may not even be close to current market value. Also, many options are included in the original MSRP so it is difficult to know which, if any, options should be added. This makes using price guides difficult and could lead to setting the wrong asking price.
Compare with Prices of Other Recreational Vehicles Advertised for Sale
Because of the difficulty of using and inaccuracy of the published price guides for RVs, PPL would prefer that you call to discuss the value of your Recreational vehicle if you are selling one. We can look up book values for you at no charge or obligation. However, PPL's appraisal methods based on actual selling prices are more accurate in determining the Fair Market Value of your diesel pusher, motorhome, 5th wheel camper or travel trailer. Please call 1-800-755-4775 to discuss the value of the RV you are selling.
You may want to compare your vehicle with similar vehicles for sale. Searching through online advertising for comparable vehicles is one way of doing this. For your convenience, sites that advertise many vehicles for sale are listed below. Again, keep in mind that advertised prices may be considerably above or below the fair market value.
- Used Vehicles For Sale at PPL - Large selection of consigned vehicles for sale.
PPL's Free Professional Appraisal has proven to be invaluable for Owners that are listing their unit for sale at PPL Motor Homes, the Largest Consignment Dealer in the USA. To learn more about PPL's unique RV appraisal and selling program, view this short PPL Video or click sell your vehicle Quickly and for a Fair Price and hassle free, Too!Factors to Consider in Pricing Your Unit
A number of factors affect the value of your recreational vehicle as shown in the list below.
Actual Selling Prices
- Overall condition: Does it have any water leaks, discoloration, dents, roof damage or other issues? Was it well maintained or does it need repairs?
- Mileage: Does the motorhome run as expected for a unit of its age and mileage?
- Accessories: Consider major optional items such as backup cameras, awnings, slide-outs, satellite TV, automatic leveling, etc. Keep in mind many of these items are likely to be already included in published pricing guides.
PPL believes that the best indication of the Fair Market Value of a recreational vehicle are selling prices of comparable units. PPL has sold over 2300 consigned vehicles in the last 2 years. Click on the type of vehicle to see a list with date sold and price sold.
Customer Reviews & Comments
- Diesel Motor Homes
- Class A Gasoline Motor Homes
- Class C (Mini) & Class B (Vans) Motor Homes
- Fifth Wheel Campers
- Travel Trailer
I checked the internet first and found your site easiest and most thorough. When I called the lady on the phone was courteous, patient and helpful. Everything was explained to us by the appraiser and sales person.
Everything about selling the RV was explained very well.
I was very pleased that my RV sold in one week at a fair price.
Thanks for a great job in selling our motor home.
(More customer comments about PPL Appraisal & Consignment Services are included here )
We believe that PPL's free professional appraisal, using experience that comes from being the Consignment Specialist since 1972, is the best way to price your unit. Check out our Free RV Appraisals & Consignment Program.
Go to Top of Kelley RV Blue Book page page
© PPL Motor Homes
All Rights Reserved, 1997 - 2015