Some restrictions apply. Please call for details or simply add item(s) to cart and enter your zip code to see if your order qualifies.
Promotion is offered to randomly selected customers and may end at any time.
BRAKE-BUDDY - 39500
BrakeBuddy is dedicated to towing safety by providing the best and easiest-to-use supplementary braking system. This system is extremely simple to install and easy to use and meets the legally required supplementary braking requirements mandated by many state laws. Don't subject yourself to a potentially large liability claim simply because you did not comply with legal requirements. Note that:
- No connections to your motor home are required.
- Requires no alterations to your hydraulic lines.
- Can easily be transferred between vehicles. Click here to see the simple BrakeBuddy installation instructions.
Breakaway Safety System-How it works
- Mount the junction box at the front of your towed vehicle.
- Install the wiring harness from the Breakaway, through the firewall, to the junction box.
- Attach the steel cable from your motor home to the junction box receptacle.
- In the event your towed vehicle ever detaches from the motor home, the steel cable pulls the receptacle out of the junction box. This activates the BrakeBuddy which stops the towed vehicle. The BrakeBuddy will continue to apply the brakes until the receptacle is reconnected to the junction box.
Check out the legal requirements for various states by visiting the BrakeBuddy Website. A new browser window will open. Simply close the new window to return here.
Wireless Alert System-How it works
- Just plug the transmitter into the BrakeBuddy.
- Then plug the receiver into the lighter receptacle of the motor home.
- The receiver's red light illuminates when system is activated.
BrakeBuddy Units come with the Wireless Alert/Monitor and the Breakaway Safety System as part of the complete system.
BRAKEBuddy Carrying Case
This is a handsome high-quality canvas case will help keep your Brake buddy looking new.
More Details EXPAND
- Related Products
- Manufacturer Numbers
- 39499, 14-0987
- Free Ground Shipping
- Hopkins Manufacturing
- UPC List
- Video Link
- No connections to your motor home need to be made.
- No alterations to your hydraulic lines are needed.
- Easily transferred between vehicles