Many of our customers will want to stay a couple of days to shop for or take delivery on an RV. The following is a list of Hotels closest to each of our locations.
Special Rate: Comfort Suites Houston West Beltway 8, about 2 miles from PPL, is newly remodeled and provides our customers with exceptional service. Our discounted rate is $79.00 per night (plus tax) which includes breakfast. To receive this price, you must ask for the "PPL" rate when making your reservations by phone: 713-774-7707. For booking online: Click here to access the Comfort Suites PPL rate.
COMFORT SUITES HOUSTON WEST BELTWAY 8
7707 West Sam Houston Pkwy S 713-774-7707
Other Hotels near PPL Houston:
- LaQuinta Inn - 12727 SW Freeway 281-240-2300 (accepts pets)
- Wingate Inn - 11050 SW Freeway 281-568-6969
- Holiday Inn Southwest - 11160 SW Freeway 281-530-1400
- Hampton Inn - 4714 Techniplex Dr 281-565-0559
- Sleep Inn & Suites - 1477 N. IH 35 (830) 625-7700
- Fairfield Inn & Suites - 1465 IH 35 Frontage Rd. (830) 626-3133
- Hampton Inn & Suites - 1996 W. Henderson St. (817) 641-7770
- Holiday Inn Express - 1800 W. Henderson St (817) 641-5300
Houston has 2 airports. The closest airport is William P. "Hobby" Airport (23 Miles). George Bush Intercontinental Airport is 39 miles away.
Among many available, here are 3 companies that service both airports and can get you to our location or hotel:
- Yellow Cab: www.yellowcabhouston.com 713-236-1111
- Uber: If you're new to Uber you can download their app from Google Play (Android), App Store (iphone), or online: https://get.uber.com. Get a $15 credit for first time riders using code: HITTHEROAD. To use this code, open the menu, tap payment, select promo code and enter the coupon code.
- Super Shuttle: www.SuperShuttle.com 1-800-258-3826
Rental Car Information
If you choose to stay at the Holiday Inn Southwest, there is a Hertz Car Rental office in the lobby. For reservations call 1-800-654-3131. Car rentals are also available at both airports. Available rental services at Hobby Airport include: Enterprise, Thrifty and Avis. At Bush Intercontinental available rental services include: Enterprise, Hertz, Thrifty and Budget.
If your RV is licensed out of Texas, you will need a Weight Certificate from a certified weight scale in any state. For a listing of the "Cat Scales" in Texas see the Cat-scale Locator. The weight must be for the motor home, travel trailer of fifth wheel ONLY and is not to include any tow vehicle. Unfortunately, it is not acceptable to have the truck & trailer weighed together then deduct the weight of the truck.
Texas Inspection Station - Vehicles Licenses Outside of Texas
If your RV is licensed out of Texas, and is gas powered, you will need a current Texas Safety Sticker, Emissions Report and Vin Verification Form from a licensed inspection station at the time your motor home is placed on PPL's lot for sale. The nearest location to PPL Motor Homes to get this completed is "Redline Autosports" located at 8604 Southwest Freeway at Gessner. For a map click here.
If your RV is licensed out of Texas but is a diesel, travel trailer or 5th wheel, the Texas Safety Inspection & Vin Verification can be performed at any Inspection Station in the state of Texas.
Make sure they provide you with a Vin Verification Form.
To Import a Diesel, Motor Home, Travel Trailer or 5th Wheel into the USA
If your RV is registered outside of the USA, you will need the following paperwork at the time of your appraisal appointment.
Identification: Applicant must have a valid operator's license.
Vehicle Information: Proof of ownership – title, registration and/or sale document from country of origin
Insurance: Insurance coverage that meets or exceeds minimum requirements for the State of Texas.
Federal: US Customs Form HS -7 or the vehicle manufacturer's statement of compliance letter certifying that the vehicle meets or exceeds USDOT EPA standards. This can be obtained at the border or at the Houston location below:
US Customs2350 North Sam Houston Parkway EastHouston, TexasPhone: 281-985-6801