Some restrictions apply. Simply add items to your cart and enter your shipping address to see if your order qualifies.
Breakaway-Brakebuddy Vantage - 30469
Break-Away System puts you in compliance with most state and provincial towing laws. In the event your towed vehicle separates from the motorhome, the BrakeBuddy Break-Away System will apply the brakes of the towed vehicle bringing it to a controlled stop.
Here's how it works:
1. Mount the junction box at the front of your towed vehicle.
2. Install the wiring harness from the Breakaway, through the firtewall, to the junction box.
3. Attach the steel cable from your motorhome to the junction box receptacle.
4. In the event your towed vehicle ever detaches from the motorhome, the steel cable pulls the receptacle out of the junction box. This activates the BrakeBuddy which stops the towed vehicle. The BrakeBuddy will continue to apply the brakes until the receptacle is reconnected to the junction box.
NOTE: The Break-Away System is included when you purchase a BrakeBuddy Vantage unit.
More Details EXPAND
- Manufacturer Numbers
- 39327, 14-0986
- Hopkins Manufacturing
- UPC List
- Typical break-away system to apply brakes of towed vehicle if separated from the motorhome
- Meets the legally required supplemental braking requirements mandated by many state laws