RV Pricing Information
Learn how to sell your RV & avoid common mistakes
RV Pricing - How to Determine Fair Market Value
Whether you're planning to sell your diesel pusher, motor home, 5th wheel or travel trailer, or you're in the market for a used RV, you want to know you're getting the best price you can. Use the information below to make this an easier process.
Factors to Consider
Factors that determine a recreational vehicle's value:
- Overall condition: Water leaks, discoloration, dents, paint chips or other structural imperfections? Regular and effective maintenance? In need of repairs or other service? Do all of the appliances work?
- Mileage: If it is a Motorized unit, does it run as expected for a vehicle of its age and mileage? Is the mileage on the Motorhome above or below the average mileage for a Motorhome of its age?
- Accessories: Consider everything that came with and has been added to the unit - awnings, satellite dishes, solar panels, A/C unit, antennas, special mirrors, etc. - and how valuable those items might be.
Valuable Tools to Help You Determine the Fair Market Value
Compare with Actual Selling Prices: PPL believes the best indication of the Fair Market Value of your RV is the actual selling prices of sold vehicles. With over 4,653 RVs sold in the last two years alone, the chances are very good that we have sold several RVs just like yours.
The fast and simple way to determine the Fair Market Value for your RV is give PPL a call at 1-800-755-4775 and talk with one of our RV appraisal experts today. There is absolutely no obligation or cost to appraise your RV. We're confident that you will be so impressed with our knowledge and expertise that you will want PPL to sell your RV for you!
When considering RV pricing, remember one thing: The true market value is the price at which your RV sells.
If you are not yet in the market to sell or buy an RV and want to look at some other sources of RV pricing on the Internet, reviewing published values and advertising for comparable units is one way of doing this. For your convenience, additional sources are provided in the list below. You can check these sites to compare. Keep in mind that published values and the asking prices shown in advertisements may be above or below the fair market value of a particular vehicle.
- Used RVs Currently For Sale at PPL - Look at pricing, features, and photographs of the large selection of consigned RVs currently for sale by individual owners.
- www.rvclassified.com - Large selection of used vehicles for sale. Advertises for both individuals and dealers. Can search using a number of criteria.
- www.rvtraderonline.com - Has units for sale by dealers and individuals throughout the country.
- www.nadaguides.com - NADA Guides provide an extensive list of New and Used RV Prices and Values based on RV manufacturer and dealer pricing data
You're only a simple, quick phone call away from the RV selling experts. Call PPL TODAY at 1-800-755-4775 for your free, no-obligation appraisal!
Sell Your Vehicle Quickly and for a Fair Price
Some Owners may decide that trying to advertise themselves is too much hassle so they take advantage of PPL's Free Appraisal when they list their RVs for sale at one of PPL's RV consignment locations. Check out PPL's No Hassle Consignment Program. You may decide that this is the best way to buy or sell a used diesel pusher, motorhome, 5th wheel or travel trailer.