X$9.99 Shipping Promotion applies to Online Orders with Standard Ground Shipping to the lower 48 US States only.
Some restrictions apply. Simply add items to your cart and enter your shipping address to see if your order qualifies.
Energize III Controller - 96-8472
Sale Prices Shown are Valid Until 06/25/21.
Energize III Controller
Item 96-8472 | MFR# 81741B
NEW!! All Hayes Brake Controllers are now equipped with a "Qwik-Connect" connector for ease of wiring and controller removal. Additional purchase required.*
Trailer brake controllers from Hayes Lemmerz have proven to be simple yet provide a great solution for towing your trailer or other RV. The Hayes-Lemmerz name is respected through out the industry and is a familiar name in RV and trailer brakes.
Energize III electronic brake controller features a patented sensing device that automatically monitors and measures tow vehicle deceleration and applies the trailer brakes in direct proportion. It reacts instantly to any change in brake pedal pressure and ensures controlled, smooth stops. Trailer and tow vehicle stoplights operate automatically when the manual lever or trailer brakes are applied.
New Qwik-Connect Feature:
Most late models vehicles that come with a Towing Package have a connector under the dash for connecting a brake controller. Dual-mated harnesses are available (sold separately) which have a Hayes 'Qwik-Connect' connector on one end and the specific vehicle connector on the other. This allows for ease of wiring installation when connecting to any Hayes brake controller. It is necessary to purchase a Qwik-Connect Harness (either vehicle specific or universal) with one of the Hayes Brake Controllers.
*NOTE: 2010 Chevy/GMC vehicles no longer come with under-dash plug-ins for brake controllers - use the supplied harness. 2010 Dodge vehicles have a new plug - call for availability of the new Qwik-Connect harness.
Installation and Operating Instructions are available for the Energize III trailer brake controllers on the manufacturers website. Clicking on the above link will open a new browser window. Simply close this new window to return here.
More Details EXPAND
- Manufacturer Numbers
- Hayes Brake Controller
- Related Products
- # of Axles (up to)
- New Quik-Connect feature
- Smooth, proportional trailer braking
- For all single and tandem axle trailers equipped with electric brakes
- Designed for use on any 12-volt negative ground vehicles
- Full 12-volt output provided with manual lever activation
- Superior responsiveness
- Fully adjustable gain setting wheel
- Compatible with all electronic systems (ABS, cruise, etc.)
- Wide range of mounting positions; perfect for steep dash surface mounting
- Easy adjustment and standard four-wire hookup
- Trailer/Tow vehicle stoplights operate when trailer brakes are applied automatically or with manual lever
- Red L.E.D. indicator displays braking intensity and warns of short circuit
- Five year limited warranty
- Temporarily Unavailable