Some restrictions apply. Simply add items to your cart and enter your shipping address to see if your order qualifies.
Breakbuddy-Breakaway Safety Unit-Classic - 39303
Breakbuddy-Breakaway Safety Unit-Classic
The Break-Away System for BrakeBuddy Classic Unit is ideal for situations when your towed vehicle separates from the motorhome - the Break-Away will apply the brakes of the towed vehicle, bringing it to a controlled stop.
Keep in mind that a breakaway system is required by most state and provincial towing laws. Installs easily in an hour or less - if you prefer, you can even have it installed by your local mechanic or RV dealer.
Here's how it works:
1. Mount the junction box at the front of your towed vehicle.
2. Install the wiring harness from the Breakaway, through the firewall,to the junction box.
3. Attach the steel cable from your motor home to the junction box receptacle.
4. In the event your towed vehicle ever detaches from the motorhome, the steel cable pulls the receptacle out of the junction box. This activates the BrakeBuddy which stops the towed vehicle. The BrakeBuddy will continue to apply the brakes until the receptacle is reconnected to the junction box.
NOTE: The Break-Away System is included when you purchase a BrakeBuddy Classic unit.
More Details EXPAND
- Manufacturer Numbers
- 39303, 17-0676
- Hopkins Manufacturing
- UPC List
- Related Products
- Laws and regulations for breakaway systems have been adopted by most states and provinces for increased road safety
- Meets or exceeds breakaway regulatory requirements in the United States and Canada
- Installs easily in an hour or less or, if you prefer, have it installed by your local mechanic or RV dealer
- The Classic Break-Away System is included when you purchase a BrakeBuddy Classic unit